Justin Beaver, Ph.D.
Chief Technology Officer &
Chief Information Security Officer
“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” – Theodore Roosevelt
Mac or PC: Mac, Linux, Abacus, PC … in that order
Favorite musicians include: No specific artist comes to mind. I have a pretty diverse appreciation of music, except country – can’t stand it.
Favorite thing as a child: Running around outside with the neighborhood kids. When not outside, building Legos.
Special hobbies/interests: Spending time with my family, running, hiking in the Smokies, playing volleyball and soccer, travel. Also, a fan of Univ of Tennessee football and basketball, Tennessee Titans, Orlando Magic, and Farragut High School sports
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee.
Other Fun Facts:
- Married, with 2 sons and 2 dogs
- Christian, and a member of Cokesbury UMC
- Lived in 6 different states growing up, but calls Hendersonville, Tennessee home
- Is the ‘Dr Jack’ character for Jack’s Lawncare, Termite and Pest Control in Orlando, Florida
- Has visited 10 countries and 30 US states/territories, including Hawaii over 20 times
- PhD in Computer Engineering
- MS in Computer Engineering