Experienced Software Engineer
Lirio applies the psychology of human behavior and the power of advanced machine learning to help healthcare and energy enterprises drive individuals toward positive behavior change at scale. Lirio delivers mass personalization by harnessing behavioral intelligence to surface the right message to the right person to drive the right action at the right time.
As a Software Engineer, you will play a vital role in developing Lirio’s core technology platform. If you have the energetic knack of a true technologist and are comfortable learning technologies and concepts to develop distributed, scalable services, and APIs, then you will be a good fit for our team. We are looking for someone to make an immediate impact and help us deliver behavioral change. This position is available in our Knoxville, TN office, the potential for a remote position also exists for the right candidate.
- Work in a highly collaborative and multi-tasking, continually learning, agile, DevOps team.
- Produce high quality work, and always demonstrate a high work ethic.
- Communicate effectively and clearly; fail fast & learn from mistakes.
- Write web services and APIs while maintaining quality and an appropriate level of test coverage; RESTful and asynchronous messages; Gradle, Spring Boot, and Java.
- Help out as needed in a cross functional and limited polyglot manner; at times: learn and help with the UI, help the data science team, contribute to designs and architecture.
- Help with operations type activities such as system configuration management, infrastructure setup, and automated builds; Kubernetes & Containers; Security.
- Participate in peer reviews of code, designs, and tests.
- Write & verify documentation; API, Wiki, Dev docs, release notes, etc.
- Help identify risks and propose solutions.
- Experience working in all lifecycle phases of distributed applications having separate environments for development, testing, quality assurance, and production.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience writing RESTful and asynchronous services with unit and integration testing.
- Experience using build tools with continuous integration or continuous delivery.
- Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or other cloud providers.
- Hands on experience with databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL with SQL skills.
- Use of source control systems such as Git or Mercurial.
- Strong understanding of the agile software development process.
- Caches and/or No-SQL Data Stores.
- Kubernetes and Containers.
- Spring and Spring Boot.
- Apache Kafka.
- Event Sourcing and Domain-Driven Design.
- If you’ve got a GitHub account, we’d love to see what you’ve done.
Lirio offers salaries and benefits that compete with the largest cities and tech companies, yet our mid-sized home city of Knoxville, Tennessee has a cost of living below the national average. Our company culture is driven by our employees, people who are committed to delivering results and who truly believe “we get there together.” Here, each person has opportunities to impact decisions, benefits, direction, and company culture. We offer many possibilities to grow and learn individually and collectively.