Director of Behavioral Research
Who You Are
You’re an expert in conducting behavioral research in a commercial setting. You officiate the perfect marriage between research and business goals with the right executional tactics, effortlessly weaving together the people and actions needed to make that happen. Your mantra is “Design. Analyze. Learn. Inform. Repeat.” – with better efficiency the next time around.” Your end game? Patient/consumer engagement and action.
Who We Are
Lirio applies the psychology of human behavior and the power of advanced machine learning to help healthcare and energy enterprises drive individuals toward positive behavior change at scale. Lirio delivers mass personalization by harnessing behavioral intelligence to surface the right message to the right person to drive the right action at the right time. We are a culture of innovators and big thinkers who value speed, efficiency, and flexibility. As a company that utilizes behavioral science to nudge people toward healthier, happier lives and communities, we steep our culture in this approach. We want employees to feel supported as humans, so they can leverage the energy and strength to be top performers.
What You’ll Be Doing
As an integral member of the Behavioral Science team, the Director of Behavioral Research is responsible for being a thought leader, research advisor, team player and collaborator. You’ll work closely with Machine Learning and Behavioral Research Fellows to drive program results, test the efficacy of behavioral principles, and spearhead the discovery of new program strategies. You’ll collaborate with the Behavioral Design team to refine and improve existing programs. You’ll also operate cross-functionally with Marketing, Project Management and Sales teams, leveraging research insights to satisfy Lirio business objectives.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead an active behavioral research agenda for Lirio. This includes conducting formative research and R&D to strengthen existing programs and produce new ones, using multiple methods to test and experiment, and using RCTs to evaluate program efficacy.
- Lead and collaborate on the day-to-day conduct of cross-functional research activities, both internally and in partnership with external investigators, with the intention of disseminating peer-reviewed results at professional meetings and in academic journals.
- Support the broad work of research and program design by being an internal subject matter expert on behavior change. This may include reviewing, synthesizing, and applying scientific literature insights to inform programs and content, providing scientific review of public-facing materials for various departments, and disseminating key findings to different audiences both internally and externally.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging research by nurturing professional relationships with a variety of experts and external bodies, and attend key scientific conferences to ensure Lirio is aware of new thinking in the behavior change arena.
- PhD in cognitive or social psychology, behavioral economics, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience performing soup-to-nuts research, managing research teams, and cross-functionally collaborating (i.e., with design teams, marketing, data science, and administrative teams).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong internal and client-facing communication skills to support pitches, meetings, team leadership and company-wide communications.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills.
Great to Have
- Digital Marketing Experience
- Project Management Experience
- Background in Applying Behavioral Science to Health and/or Energy
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Plan
- Developmental Opportunities to Grow Your Career
- Health Care Coverage Starting on Your First Day
- Work-From-Home Flexibility
- Dog-Friendly Offices in Some Locations
- 401K Matching
- Unlimited PTO