Lirio applies the psychology of human behavior and the power of advanced machine learning to help healthcare and energy enterprises drive individuals toward positive behavior change at scale. Lirio delivers mass personalization by harnessing behavioral intelligence to surface the right message to the right person to drive the right action at the right time.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer with 5 or more years of experience to join our Technology team. As a Cloud Engineer, you will play a vital role in developing Lirio’s cloud infrastructure and automated deployment pipelines for our core technology platform.
If you have the energetic knack of a true technologist, comfortable learning technologies and concepts to develop infrastructure and build pipelines as code for distributed, scalable services, and APIs, then you may be a good fit for our team. We are looking for someone to make an immediate impact.
- Work in a highly collaborative and multi-tasking, continually learning, agile, DevOps team.
- Produce high quality work and always demonstrate a high work ethic.
- Communicate effectively and clearly; fail fast & learn from mistakes.
- Design, build, and maintain our cloud infrastructure in a truly DevOps fashion along with our Software Engineers; see “The DevOps Handbook.”
- Perform operations activities such as system configuration management, infrastructure setup, and automated builds; Kubernetes & Containers; Security.
- Create infrastructure and pipelines as code using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and Packer along with build servers and other software.
- Perform administrative tasks related to cloud infrastructure.
- Willingness to help in a cross functional and limited polyglot manner when necessary; possibilities include learning and helping with the UI or backend services, helping the data science team, contributing to designs and architecture; plenty of learning and mentoring opportunities; we love career passion.
- Participate in peer reviews of code, designs, and tests.
- Write & verify documentation related to infrastructure, pipelines, and tools; API, Wiki, Dev docs, release notes, etc.
- Work closely with security to keep our infrastructure in sync with our policies and procedures, keeping our data safe.
- Help identify risks and propose solutions.
- Proven work experience 5+ years (priority); Bachelor’s Degree or greater taken into consideration.
- Experience working in all lifecycle phases of distributed applications having separate environments for development, testing, quality assurance, and production in the cloud.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 5+ years using build tools with continuous integration or continuous delivery.
- 4+ years with hands on experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or other cloud providers.
- 5+ years hands on experience with databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL with SQL skills preferred.
- 3+ years working with configuration tools such as Ansible, Salt, Puppet, etc. preferred.
- Logging, Monitoring, & Alerting mechanisms such as ELK Stack or other similar solutions.
- Use of source control systems such as Git.
- Caches and/or No-SQL Data Stores
- Kubernetes and Containers
- Java and/or Python in Containers
- Apache Kafka
- Other Hashicorp Tools Like Consul & Vault
- Familiarity With Active Directory & LDAP Integrations
- Encryption & Authorization Mechanisms
- Version Control & Binary Artifact Management Tools Such as Git & Artifactory
- Event Sourcing & Domain-Driven Design
- Spring & Spring Boot Support
Lirio offers salaries and benefits that compete with the largest cities and tech companies, yet our mid-sized home city of Knoxville, Tennessee has a cost of living below the national average. Our company culture is driven by our employees, people who are committed to delivering results and who truly believe “we get there together.” Here, each person has opportunities to impact decisions, benefits, direction, and company culture. We offer many possibilities to grow and learn individually and collectively.